When looking to book a hotel in New York as an 18-year-old, your options are limited. Luckily you do have a few options across various price ranges.
In this guide, we’ll take a look through some of the more popular hotels. We’ve also included a section looking at alternatives to hotels for 18-year-olds before finishing off with some FAQs.
On This Page:
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Get a Hotel Room in New York?
- Hotels in New York with 18+ Check-In
- Alternatives to Hotels for 18-Year-Olds
Important: Hotels may change their policy before we have a chance to update our website. Be sure to double-check the minimum age to check in before booking.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Get a Hotel Room in New York?
Legally, you can get a hotel room from the age of 18 in New York. However, hotels can set their own policy and most have a minimum check-in age of 21. On this page, you can find a list of New York hotels that allow 18 years olds to check in.
Hotels in New York with 18+ Check-In
Below you can find a list of hotels with 18+ check-in for the different cities within New York. We have also provided links to our full guides to each city where you can find more information about each hotel.
Important: You will likely be required to provide I.D. and a credit card when checking in.
New York City
- Hotel Edison Times Square
- The Time New York
- Pod Times Square
- The Belvedere Hotel
- Pod 51
- Hyatt Grand Central New York
- Hilton Garden Inn Central Park South
- New York Hilton Midtown
- Hilton Garden Inn New York Manhattan Midtown East
- Hotel 50 Bowery, part of JdV by Hyatt